Monday, June 21, 2010

Patty Cake Patty Cake Bake Me A Cake

I just baked a batch of cookies. Honestly I haven't baked for a really long time. I just felt like baking or actually doing something today. Anyways, I lost my original recipe so I decided to take on an internett recipe and make it my own by replacing and adding a few ingredeints. The result? not bad I guess, I burnt the first few but the rest turned out nice an golden brown. Yeah I lost my concentration after the GCSE, joke. I was distracted a bit :)



Now after that a friend texted me asking if I can bake cheesecakes. Then I suddenly remember that I made it once with ol'mom but that was ages ago. Now I'm sitting here wondering about "Can I make a cheap tiramisu like I've always dreamt of?"



The Original is simply coffe soaked ladyfingers, and layered with alcoholish cream topped with some coffee powder.



Problem :

1.Ladyfingers are kinda hard to get in indonesia and also expensive, and needs a pro to make it right

2. I'm a muslim we can't have any alcohol in our foods

3. Mascarpone cheese is very expensive and hard to find.



Solution :

1. we change the ladyfingers to castella bread or pound bread. It's basically a sweet bread, and to make it ladyfinger-ish dry them like biscotti. Pound bread is a pound of butter, milk, sugar, flour and an egg or two : Pound bread

2. Now the alcohol part is kinda hard to skip, if we do we would have no heavy feel in the cake. But look at the bright side less calories!

3. Marcarpone cheese , we can actually make this stuff by adding some lemon water and putting it in a cloth. but that would take longer time, I suggest we use regular cream cheese or again yogurt set.



Man I wonder how they'll taste like, but this will be cheaper for an Indonesian students wallet :)

" You got me an apron for my birthday?"- Taffy

No comments:

Post a Comment